Salute Photo?

Submitted 1/23/2011 by Mike

As a source code client, I haven't seen any use for the salute photo.  Can you explain what this is and where it's used?  It would be nice if members could upload a photo specifically for featured status.

Sorry, call me thick headed, but other than a member uploading and editing a salute photo, there seems to be no connection where other members can see it, select it, or administratively assign it to some function.

Sorry, I am lost here.

Comments

Josh Anderson: 

We use it on my site for a more "official" way to upload verification photos. I am not sure if you are familiar with salute photos but there are for members taking a photo of themselves holding their username and date to show they are real.

I have my members do this before they can access the site as real person verification is required. They do have a choice to keep the salute photo public if they would like which enables other users to see that they are real.

Fubar:

http://www.google.com/search?q=fubar+salute+photos&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7ADRA_en

1/27/2011 8:21:03 AM +02:00
Mike: 

Thanks Josh, that's a great idea.  But I still see no way for members to make that photo public if they choose, or even a primary.  It seems to be separate from other photos by what I see in source.  I could be wrong, but if someone can point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated !

2/1/2011 5:42:36 AM +02:00