Source code migration to .Net 4.0 and VS 2010

Submitted 10/5/2010 by Guillermo Garcia

Can I migrate the source code to .Net 4.0 and VS 2010?

Comments

Josh Anderson: 

You can, however, I would wait. They are going to convert everything over and they know exactly what needs to be done.

It can be converted, I did it, however, I am still not going to use it in a production environment until it is officially supported.

Just my two cents. :)

I only use VS 2010 on the compliled site as I want to keep the awesome support they have.

11/2/2010 4:46:16 AM +02:00
Jeff Kershner: 

You can have Visual Studio 2010 do the automatic solution/project conversion making sure you do not upgrade the version of asp.net.  Once you do this, you will notice that there will be 17 errors.  You can fix these errors by doing the following find and replace:

Change all "NewDataSet" occurances to "SiteMapDataSet" in the file sitemap.Designer.cs

Change all "NewDataSet" occurances to "SiteIndexDataSet" in the file siteindex.Designer.cs

5/6/2011 8:56:04 PM +03:00
julepuz: 

Any word on when they will be converting to 4.0? I'm needing to add a forum to my site and can't really accomplish that under the current environment without using something outdated. I already tried their forum idea and it's just severely lacking the features I need.

1/10/2012 8:57:33 PM +02:00